Monday, December 6, 2010

Zen's Cafe - Surprise, AZ

After a few emails and phone calls back and forth with Adrian Yap, owner of Zen's Cafe, we finally found some time for me to come in for an interview and photo shoot at the restaurant. It ended up being a bit of a last minute scramble, and Cadence went along for the ride.

Even at 2:00 in the afternoon, the bar area was filled with "regulars", and I was impressed that Adrian knew each of them by name. After sampling some of the food, I understood why Zen's Cafe had such a passionate and dedicated following, and how the restaurant was so successful just one short year after opening. After sampling a Philly Cheesesteak made with chunks of Rib Eye steak and several pieces of what is, hands down, the most delicious fried fish I have ever eaten in my life, I think I might just have a new favorite restaurant.

Here are a few photos from the day...





No comments:

Post a Comment