Sunday, August 8, 2010

The O Twins

Mommy O and I had been emailing each other back and forth for over a month, so excited for the photo shoot with her 18-month-old twin boys. The O Twins were going to be my first non-family PB session, and I had worked myself into a nervous frenzy the night before the shoot. I had my camera batteries charged, camera bag packed, car loaded, model release forms printed. All I could do was pray that the park had dried out from the recent monsoons, and that the rain in the forecast would hold out until after we were done.

No such luck.

I woke Saturday morning to gloomy skies, and an email from Mommy O saying it had been raining, but the forecast was calling for it to clear up just after our shoot was supposed to begin. Forging ahead, I drove to the location to see if we could salvage our scheduled shoot.

They playground equipment was wet, and some of the grassy areas too soggy for our original plans, but all was not lost. There were several dry spots on the porches of the historical buildings, and some grassy areas where the boys could run and play, so we decided to give it a go.

Keeping up with 18-month-old twins is an art form that Mommy O has perfected. I, on the other hand, have some seriously sore muscles today from all the chasing, bending, squatting, lunging, sitting down, and getting up I did in the two hours that I shared with the O Twins. But oh, was it worth it! I had so much fun, and got some awesome shots as a reward!

Thank you Mommy O, Grandma, and boys for sharing your Saturday morning with me!












No comments:

Post a Comment