Monday, August 30, 2010

Augie's Sports Grill

The past few months, I have been writing feature articles on restaurants for West Valley Health and Living magazine. The owner and editor like my writing, and have made me the the go-to girl for all the upcoming restaurant features. After learning that I am photographer, they are also interested in giving me photo assignments. Not only is it great experience for my photography, it also gives me extra incentive to go and visit all of the restaurants that I am writing about, and a chance to sample the food. I'm a sucker for new restaurants, especially when they are small, privately-owned, mom-and-pop shops that serve up unique cuisine.

Yesterday, my hubby, baby, and I headed up to Goodyear, AZ  to Augie's Sports Grill for my first paid photo assignment for the magazine. Walking in, it looks like your typical sports bar--a large open room with a full-service bar, and flat-screen TV's mounted at every possible angle. The food, however, is anything but typical sports bar fare. We started with the stuffed mushrooms--large portabello mushroom caps stuffed with Italian sausage and topped with melted mozzarella and a delicious red tomato sauce. Steven ordered the Johnny Boy--a half-pound bacon cheese burger--and I ordered the Buffalo Chicken sandwich, both of which were served on a homemade soft pretzel bun. All I have to say is, nothing I eat from now on is going to taste right without that pretzel bun. It was amazing, and Augie's is definitely worth a visit if you are in the area. Here are a few photos from my visit.



















No comments:

Post a Comment