Monday, September 6, 2010

Loving Hut Restaurant

When you are born and raised in Nebraska, a steady diet of meat and potatoes is pretty much the norm. For a long time, I was a very picky eater, but during high school and college I began to expand my horizons. During the years I spent in New York, I fell in love with sushi, sashimi, Indian food, Turkish cuisine, and became accustomed to ordering random items off menus. I was never disappointed in what I ordered, and found myself falling in love with each new dish that was brought to my table.

In all my culinary adventures, however, I never tried Vegan food. Like many other people, I mistakenly thought that Vegan food could not possibly be very good. I mean, how much variety and flavor can there be when you don't eat meat, poultry, seafood, eggs, or dairy products?

The answer is a lot!

My husband and I headed to Loving Hut restaurant in Glendale, AZ on Saturday to sample some Vegan cuisine for my upcoming article in WVHL magazine, and were pleasantly surprised by every dish that came out of the kitchen. We ate until we were completely stuffed, and thoroughly enjoyed our first Vegan experience.

Here are a few photos from the day:












No comments:

Post a Comment